[mythtv-users] frontend crash during UK dvb-t playback - only at adverts

Alan Bates bite.my.shiny.metal.ass at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:19:32 UTC 2005

i'm running 0.18 - most recent one available for fc4. not certain
which version of the nova-t i'm running - uses tda1004 firmware, so
it's an oldish one i think. oddly, when i run the frontend from the
terminal to check what it reports, the frontend seems less inclined to
crash, but still has the audio problem - namely, sound drops out after
the green frame and there's an occasional crackle until either it
recovers itself or i skip forward then back.

in the frontend terminal at the point where the problem occurs it
reports: GetNextFreeFrame() - served a busy frame. Dropping

followed by a few prebuffering pauses.

i'll keep trying to kill it in terminal - if it remains more stable
i'll just change my startup to run it that way.