[mythtv-users] TV-out: GUI but no video - on ATI 9800SE

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 08:06:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thanks for both of your responses.

I've now fixed it, but caused another side effect! I used the
fireglcontrolpanel utility supplied by ATI's drivers, and noticed it was set
to NTSC (should be PAL - I'm in the UK). So I changed it to PAL, restarted
x, now the monitor picture has gone very odd, it's gone widescreen with a
big black border on the top and bottom, and smaller ones on the side. The
flicker rate on the monitor also looks strange. I've noticed this happen
before when the computer starts up - the bios screen and grub always make
the monitor do this when the TV-out is plugged in.

Anyway, I've fixed the TV-out problem, so when I want to use the monitor,
I'll just swap the xorg.conf files over!

Thanks again,

Jonny