[mythtv-users] TV-out: GUI but no video - on ATI 9800SE

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 22:14:37 UTC 2005

On 17/09/05, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm running FC3 with an ATI 9800SE graphics card, with the ATI linux
> drivers.
>
>  I've got an SVIDEO->Composite converter, from the back of the graphics card
> to the TV.
>
>  Everything is working well, but when I play a recording, or watch TV, the
> video is only displayed on the monitor, and the TV goes blank. The same
> happens with an mplayer window, or with a xine DVD.
>
>  Can anyone help please?

You could try running the TV-out (STV) as monitor0 and the VGA-out
(CRT) as monitor1 in your xorg.conf file. I only use the TV-Out of my
ATI card (Pundit-R system) and have it setup as NONE,STV - as the
TV-out is the second port. Perhaps using STV,CRT may swap them over.
It's common to find (as Jonny stated) that video overlay only works on
the primary head.

Nick