[mythtv-users] TV out issues on ATI 9550 with FC3

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Sep 17 22:39:55 UTC 2005

Michael Kalus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a rather strange problem with my current setup. I could
> install FC3 and MythTV fine, but the moment the the XServer starts up
> my TV Out is completely distorted, almost like the refresh frequency
> is too high?
>
> A google for the problem seemed to suggest it was set to the wrong TV
> signal (PAL instead of NTSC) but that doesn't seem to apply as the
> console shows up fine.
>
> Resolution is set to 800x600 and I even set the refresh rate to 60,
> yet no dice.
>
> Anybody else ever had this?

Not specifically, but remember that your console video out is very
different from your X-Windows video out.  One is done by your hardware
alone, the other is done by the graphics driver and controlled with the
xorg.conf.  Check there to make sure you are using NTSC or to make other
changes that affect the X-Windows driver.

Kevin