[mythtv-users] Re: One tuner on PVR-500 (was Re: PVR-500 configuration)

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Sep 16 15:10:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:31:47AM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> I think I am seeing the exact same problem.  I just tried to manually
> adjust the brightness setting on the second tuner on the PVR-500.
>
> [root at terraslave ~]# ivtvctl -d /dev/video2 --set-ctrl=brightness=128

I just tried this command (changing /dev/video2 to /dev/video1) and
got the following logged in syslog:

Sep 16 10:04:08 myth kernel: ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x44 not
found for command 0x80446468!
Sep 16 10:04:08 myth kernel: ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x44 not
found for command 0x400e6407!

Take a look in your logs (/var/log/syslog on my Debian system; I
think Red Hat derivatives use /var/log/messages instead) and, if you
get those same warnings, then I'd say that confirms that we both have
the same problem.

> Is there a bad batch of PVR-500's being shipped?

If so, I hope they've all either gone out or been recalled by now,
because it would suck to get a replacement and find that it's broken
in the same way.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that