[mythtv-users] HD, Satellite, and 169time.com

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Thu Sep 15 19:43:35 UTC 2005

> Dave:
> I've got the same problem as you - can't give up DirecTV (b/c of
> football), but am struggling with not being able to record dish-only
> HD channels.

I'm glad to find out I'm not alone.  I'd like to find a group of
people dedicated to solving this problem.   Most posts I find are
concerning Free, unencrypted satellite or OTA broadcasts.  I'm Happy
to pay for my satellite service for the premium channels (as it is
football season) but I want to use myth instead of my lousy tivo.  I
looked through the past postings concerning 169time and share the
frustration with their product, but right now it seems like the only
solution.

Some additional info... I wrote to 169time and they were kind enough
to write back.  For what it's worth, here is the transcript...