[mythtv-users] How to fix Movie posters on FE

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:39:53 UTC 2005

I'll take the beating on running as 'root', it's deserved. I'm not seasoned
at all on Linux and am still quite new to the OS, I'm gaining on it...
 I think now that it's done and Myth has been installed it appears that Myth
creates files and directory's under the user when installed. Hence the
reason for not running as root? and other reasons I'm sure. I guess an
uninstaill, re-install of myth might work but that seems like an awful lot
of work to fix a box that's a PVR. I think I'll wait until the next upgrade
and earnestly try to avoid the pitfall.
 The curious thing to me is that the FE appears to still look in the
/root/.myth/mythvideo directory even though changing it in the setup?
 I think your suggestion makes sense, change the directory on both the BE
and FE to something other than /root probably /home/.mythtv/mythvideo.
 Thanks.
 AJM,