[mythtv-users] Please help!

Tony Paterra apaterra at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:48:28 UTC 2005

Michael,
What would be the effect of changing my setup to connect my digital
cable STB to the PVR-350 using S-video instead of having the separate
tuner connection?  I'm guessing this will send a much cleaner signal
to the PVR that it would be less susceptible to interference than
hunting down the cable companies line and putting better cabling and a
booster as close as I can.  The only thing left to do would figure out
how to link up the remotes (I've seen recommendations for either a
serial cable or an IR blaster).  Sorry my background doesn't include a
strong physics/EE education, does this stand to reason?

Thanks,
Tony