[mythtv-users] TV choices - was: Could we install/run Mythtv withoutX-windows

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Sep 11 17:11:37 UTC 2005

>>> jarod at wilsonet.com 09/10/05 4:23 AM >>>
> No issues here with the new 37" 1080p LCD set I just bought...

Ok, do tell Jarod - what's the model TV?

I'm guessing this is no longer part of the Wilson household?

Display: 47" Panasonic HDTV, connected via an Audio Authority
9A60 VGA to component video transcoder

> Thought about a projector, but there just really isn't a way for it
> work where I've got my TV now. I've had the LCD a week now, and it
> blows the doors off my old rear-projection set. Its damned sweet, no

> misgivings about getting it. Works especially peachy for MythTV --
feeding
> it a true 1080p signal via DVI.

How far away is your primary viewing area?  I've been kicking around
the
idea of an LCD, but I sit about 14' away from where my TV is.  The
standard I've heard is 1" of TV width for every 5" of distance from
the TV.  Based on that, a 37" TV would be just about right.

Paul