[mythtv-users] Hooray! I've got a...blank screen?

blake at kingdomrpg.com blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Sep 11 06:37:17 UTC 2005

OK, so there's the problem with KnoppMyth. It installed just fine, but it
doesn't work and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm in the process of
downloading FC4, on the principle that doing it "the hard way" will allow
me to learn a little bit more about what's going on, so that I can fix any
problems that arise.

Basically, the installation looks fine but:

1. If I press "watch TV", it goes blank and I have to reboot. The system
IS doing something, but I don't know what.

2. If I set up a recording, it acts like its recording. It even appears to
be using disk space. But when it's done, I've got no file, so I can't even
test whether my problems are input, output or both.

3. I've downloaded channels from Zap2It, which are cool (if off by many
hours), but I don't get how that works considering that I'm not plugged
into the tuner, and don't want to be. I suspect I need to modify something
so that it ignores the tuner and uses the S-video, but I thought I had
done it.

4. None of the other (non-computer) stuff seems to work. I can configure
the browser, download weather, etc., but not play or rip a DVD.

Sort of annoying that KnoppMyth doesn't include a non-Myth browser other
than Lynx. The Myth browser is cool, but it doesn't make it easy to
download drivers....