[mythtv-users] Some confusion on "record weekly" schedules...

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Sep 10 01:19:29 UTC 2005

Alex Brekken wrote:

> Thanks guys, yes Brad you're right.  I tried removing both weekly
> schedules, then added them both back but added the Friday schedule
> first.  This corrected the problem.  Now Friday's episode will record,
> and Monday's episode shows a "E" next to it, which is correct.  (after
> Friday's episode has been recorded then I assume the Monday episode
> will show a "P" or "R", depending upon if I deleted the recording or
> not)
>
> The "Find and record one showing of this title each week" option would
> be OK, but on the off chance that both Friday's and Monday's schedule
> would play a diffferent episode, then I'd miss one.
>
> To answer some other questions from Bruce, the reason I didn't setup a
> "Record All" is because SciFi also plays the "old" BattleStar
> Gallactica shows which I don't want recorded.  As such, I figured the
> record weekly route would be the way to go since it pinpoints a
> specific time-slot in which I know the new series is being shown.   I
> have read the Myth docs on this topic, but when it discusses recording
> priorities it's within the context of conflicts, which is why I raised
> this question as there really was no conflict happening here.

If you are getting your listings from zap2it, you should also be able to
use the Record All option and also set the option to only record new
episodes since the old BG shows should be marked as Repeats.
Alternatively, you could also use the Record All option and simply look
at the Upcoming Recordings once every 12 or 13 days and mark all the old
episodes as Never Record so they will be skipped.  As usual, Myth gives
you a number of ways to address your needs.

Kevin