[mythtv-users] Some confusion on "record weekly" schedules...

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:59:19 UTC 2005

Thanks guys, yes Brad you're right. I tried removing both weekly schedules,
then added them both back but added the Friday schedule first. This
corrected the problem. Now Friday's episode will record, and Monday's
episode shows a "E" next to it, which is correct. (after Friday's episode
has been recorded then I assume the Monday episode will show a "P" or "R",
depending upon if I deleted the recording or not)

The "Find and record one showing of this title each week" option would be
OK, but on the off chance that both Friday's and Monday's schedule would
play a diffferent episode, then I'd miss one.

To answer some other questions from Bruce, the reason I didn't setup a
"Record All" is because SciFi also plays the "old" BattleStar Gallactica
shows which I don't want recorded. As such, I figured the record weekly
route would be the way to go since it pinpoints a specific time-slot in
which I know the new series is being shown. I have read the Myth docs on
this topic, but when it discusses recording priorities it's within the
context of conflicts, which is why I raised this question as there really
was no conflict happening here.

Thanks again,