[mythtv-users] Just moved to Time Warner cable...

Tony Paterra apaterra at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:19:09 UTC 2005

Hey all, I had my myth box up and running quite well and now I have
moved and switched cable providers...  I have a PVR-350 running with
MythTV 0.16 on Slackware 9.1 and Time Warner digital cable as the
source.  For the time being I am not putting the digital cable STB in
the equation, I just have a splitter that is separates the Myth box
and Data Direct is giving me only the Cable program guides, not the
full 1000 digital cable ones.

Now for the problem...  I went into myth setup and cleared out my
configs (which cleared out the old channel database for me) and re-ran
mythfill database to get everything I needed for the program guide.
The behavior I'm now noticing is that my program guide works as
expected, but that I am getting either very fuzzy channels or complete
static when trying to watch live tv.  I have tried going back into
setup and changing the frequency table settings to us-cable, us-bcast,
and us-cable-hrc to no avail...  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
--
Tony Paterra
apaterra at gmail.com