[mythtv-users] OT: enabling xfs in Fedora Core 4

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:03:21 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Frank Lynch <frank.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> This is completely off topic, but given the number of fedora users on
> this list I figured I'd go ahead and ask.
>
> I built a FC4 system, but forgot to enable xfs at install time. Ext3

It's enabled (you can mount an XFS partition if you somehow get it). You
just can't create one, you need to install xfsprogs RPM for that. Then
you'll see mkfs.xfs, xfs_check, xfs_grow and all the other good stuff.

Fedor

isn't cutting it for storage of large media files. So I'm wondering if

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com