[mythtv-users] OT: PDAs and Medical software

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:57:35 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, James Alexander <jamesralexander at gmail.com> wrote:
> My mother has asked me about buying a PDA. She is an RN and wants to use it
> as a quick reference device for types of prescription medication, dosages,
> combinations etc. This is really off topic for this list, but I'm curious if
> anyone on this list is in the medical profession and has a PDA used for this
> purpose, or if they have seen one used for this purpose and if they know
> anything about it. I know next to nothing about PDAs, so any information
> would be helpful. I'm assuming that either there would be a PDA specifically
> designed for this function, or there would be specific software to load on
> the PDA that could be used to store this information. I haven't done a
> google search yet because I was hoping that someone here might have personal
> experience with it (different software packages, which one is better (read:
> easier to use), more inexpensive, etc.), if not, I'm off to search the web.

In most cases, I believe that the hospital/clinic/$PLACEOFWORK can
provide these or something similar with the correct software. I've
seen doctors and nurses use anything from a pda to a full-blown tablet
pc, but mostly at hospitals.

I'd have her check with the IT/Computer department just to see, and
get out your google-fu...

Josh