[mythtv-users] QAM256, no pids after scan?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Tue Sep 6 14:39:16 UTC 2005

I'm trying to setup my new Fusion HDTV5 Gold to use QAM256 from my
local (US) cable company.  The Fusion card itself works amazingly
well, but Mythtv's setup has me confused.  I'm running Mythtv from
earlier this year, shortly before the subversion conversion.

I have done a channel scan, and it seems to have picked up quite a few
channels (roughly the number I would expect).  Many QAM256 channels
are missing PSIP information, and since the myth database confuses me,
I've been trying to match the channels to their names/numbers by using
the program guide and tuning to them.  However, when I do this, the
backend complains:

2005-09-05 17:06:10.483 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2005-09-05 17:06:10.504 DVB#1 Recorder: Card opened successfully (using TS mode).
2005-09-05 17:06:10.509 DVB#1 ERROR - No PIDS set, please correct your channel setup.
2005-09-05 17:06:11.515 DVB#1 WARNING - No data from card in 1 second.

Note that when I use azap, and test_dvr, and play a resulting .ts file
with mplayer, things work just fine.  I later found that even when the
few QAM256 channels that the scan gave meaningful names give me the same
message.

Is it possible that the QAM channel scan itself does not work, and I
need to do everything by hand?  I saw a patch go by which allowed
Mythtv to import a channels.conf file.

TNTHD:585000000:QAM_256:16:17
DHD:585000000:QAM_256:20:24

Is the above a correct format?  Where 585000000 is the frequency, and
16:17 and 20:24 are the video and audio pids?

Or does it want just what mplayer calls the tsprog (would be 2 and 3)?

Thanks,

Drew