[mythtv-users] VIA XvMCvld

Stephen Dolan Stephen.Dolan at s3group.com
Mon Sep 5 08:27:24 UTC 2005

>>I suspect you may see what I have been getting:  invalid module format...
>

> That usually means that the module was built with a vastly different
> version of gcc than the application trying to insert it.

I'd agree with this interpretation. As a rule, when I update my kernel,
I always rebuild all the kernel modules at the same time. The one time I
didn't do this, via.ko and drm.ko loaded ok without error messages, but
on close inspection of the Xorg.log.0 file I noticed that DRM was unable
to enable some interrupt. This resulted in all sorts of odd problems.

Anyway, rebuilding the modules solved all problems.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.