[mythtv-users] Re: Two tuners but got dropped from live TV when a single recording started

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:00:37 UTC 2005

On 03/09/05, Peter Osterberg <peter at supergirl.se> wrote:
> At 18:26 2005-09-03, you wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 05:19:21PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > > TV Settings->General, first page, check "Avoid conflicts between
> > > live TV and scheduled shows".
> >
> >That's only a partial solution.  I've said this before, but I'll say
> >it again.  I have a more complete solution sketched out.  However,
> >since live TV is a very low priority to me, I may never get to it.  If
> >someone else wants to take a stab at it though, I'd be happy to coach
> >them through it.
>
> Can this solution be used to make Myth to also "know" which card that gets
> a channel at best quality? I.e. I get one channel on a satellite card and
> the channel on a terristical broadcast recieving card, since the quality is
> better on my satelltite card I would prefer to use that card for recording
> and the other on for live tv. Is it even possible to make Myth only show
> the channel one time in the channel list even though Myth "knows" that it
> is from two separate feeds? I have five channels that I get on both cards.

In the channel editor, increase the priority for the channels on the
better quality source you prefer to have recorded from.

To have MythTV only show 1 copy of a channel you get from multiple
sources, you need to make the NAME and CALLSIGN fields the same if I
remember correctly (and obv the xmltvid). I also have the CHANNUM
field the same for multiple copies. For example, in the UK I have 3
'copies' of BBC1 on cable, DVB and analogue. I've got CHANNUM=101,
NAME=BBC ONE, and CALLSIGN=BBC1. Make using mythweb much quicker as
you only see 1 entry for BBC1. Settings priorities for the recording
cards and individual channels takes care over which card will record
which channel.

HTH,
Nick