[mythtv-users] Re: Two tuners but got dropped from live TV when a single recording started

Peter Osterberg peter at supergirl.se
Sat Sep 3 18:51:47 UTC 2005

At 18:26 2005-09-03, you wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 05:19:21PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > TV Settings->General, first page, check "Avoid conflicts between
> > live TV and scheduled shows".
>
>That's only a partial solution.  I've said this before, but I'll say
>it again.  I have a more complete solution sketched out.  However,
>since live TV is a very low priority to me, I may never get to it.  If
>someone else wants to take a stab at it though, I'd be happy to coach
>them through it.

Can this solution be used to make Myth to also "know" which card that gets
a channel at best quality? I.e. I get one channel on a satellite card and
the channel on a terristical broadcast recieving card, since the quality is
better on my satelltite card I would prefer to use that card for recording
and the other on for live tv. Is it even possible to make Myth only show
the channel one time in the channel list even though Myth "knows" that it
is from two separate feeds? I have five channels that I get on both cards.

/Peter