[mythtv-users] HD3000 and High-Def

Zak onlydarksets at mahshie.net
Thu Sep 1 13:24:23 UTC 2005

Nothing, if you have a QAM tuner in your HDTV.  However, since you say
it is "HD Capable", I assume it does not.  Therefore, you would probably
not be able to receive those channels just by plugging in the cable to
your TV.  Don't forget that the cable company WANTS you to have a cable
box - they get to charge you for it, plus it opens up the world of VOD
(Video On Demand), which you also pay for.  Thus, getting a cable box in
your house opens up revenue streams.

Check out AVSforum.com for both general information on HDTVs and HD
signals.  There is probably a lengthy thread about the HD services in
your area.