[mythtv-users] no Tuner0 option in front end

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 08:42:19 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Felix <mythtv at ymhee-bcex.net> wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
> > Felix wrote:

> >> I am pretty sure about the second part - I can watch TV in gmplayer
> >> (I meant to mention that but forgot, sorry ;-).
> >>
> >> As far the first part - set up channel numbers/frequencies, I think
> >> you misunderstood my problem..
> >

> > I don't think he did.  ;)
> >
> >> or rather I wasn't clear in explaining it.
> >

> > I think you were.
> >
> >> It's not that I can't switch channels on Tuner0; the problem is that
> >> I can't get MythTV to receive input from Tuner0 input. Changing
> >> inputs on the card (by pressing "C" only goes from Composite 0 to
> >> SVideo 0 and back). I also noticed one other peculiar thing. If I set
> >> up ptune-ui.pl to Tuner0 and then start MythTV, I get the input!
> >> However, the line says Composite 0. Apparently, MythTV doesn't do
> >> anything with the input source; but for wahtever reason, it doesn't
> >> know about Tuner0 being a possible source. Pressing C at that moment
> >> goes back to SVideo and (real) Composite - obviously, with no signal
> >> now!
> >>
> >> And speaking of channel switching - I can't switch channels in
> >> MythTV, either (but it isn't surprising, since apparently MythTV
> >> "thinks" that it is Composite, and sends "switch channel" signal to
> >> the wrong input). And I can switch channels on ptune-ui.
> >

> > This--like Nick was trying to say--is the exact behavior you would get
> > if you had set up your capture card but had not yet set up channels
> > for the video source.  So, how about answering Nick's question?  "Have
> > you set up the channel names and numbers/frequencies for Tuner0?"
> >
> > Mike
> >
> ok, then I don't know where and how should I set up the channel names
> and numbers/frequencies for Tuner0... There is a channel editor in
> setup... but it doesn't seem that I can set up anything there (or
> rather, all the defaults that I got from zap2it look OK). And there is
> nothing in front end setup that would allow me to do that... Can you
> please hint :-[
>
> Thx
> Felix

In mythtv-setup you define a capture card.  After that, I think it's
option 4, Input Connections.  In that screen you assign a Video Source
(which you assumably setup) to an input on your tuner.  So, you would
assign, say your OTA channels to your "Television" option in Input
Connections.  The OTA channels are setup in the Video Source screen.

Hopefully that all makes sense and points you in the right direction.

Good Luck.