[mythtv-users] Potential Problem With Switch Back to Standard Time

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Sun Oct 30 09:33:01 EST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:52:25AM -0700, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> >>Yes, and I hope they respond to this issue.
> >
> >You mean like the million or so posts they've made on the issue every six
> >months?
> >
> >http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
>
> Searching the users list brings up way to may to many posts.  Most of them
> with users trying to get around the problem.  Searching the dev lists
> bring up nothing.  Have the developers every responded specifically to the
> suggestion I brought up (use UTC time) in the past.  if so could you point
> me to the specific posts.

What he said.  In hopes of seeing what the devs have to say about it,
I searched the dev list for "daylight savings", "DST", "standard
time", and "UTC".  These searches found a grand total of three posts
whose subject lines looked like they might be related to this.  None
of those three turned out to be related when I read their bodies.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that