[mythtv-users] Potential Problem With Switch Back to Standard Time

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Sun Oct 30 08:52:25 EST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Matt SF wrote:
>>
>>> I am amazed the developers chose not to use UTC in the database and
>>> instead used local time.  I hope they had a good reason...if not, that
>>> would be very...Microsoft of them  ;)
>>
>> Yes, and I hope they respond to this issue.
>
> You mean like the million or so posts they've made on the issue every six
> months?
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

Searching the users list brings up way to may to many posts.  Most of them
with users trying to get around the problem.  Searching the dev lists
bring up nothing.  Have the developers every responded specifically to the
suggestion I brought up (use UTC time) in the past.  if so could you point
me to the specific posts.