[mythtv-users] Size problems on the TV with pvr350

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 20:57:29 EDT 2005

>     On 29/10/05, Jason Garrett <kingedgar at gmail.com
>     <mailto:kingedgar at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi, im using a pvr350 as my input and output to mythtv. I
>     followed the
>     > Fedora Howto as it pertained to my equipment. Right now when KDE
>     starts up
>     > all of the Icons and the Fedora menu are off to the left of the
>     visible
>     > screen. Also when I start mythfrontend the display of the menus
>     and such go
>     > off of the screen to the left and to the bottom. This makes it
>     hard to see
>     > where  I am going, and what I have setup. I retraced my steps in
>     the setup
>     > and I dont think I missed anything.
>     >
>     >  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get things back into
>     viewable
>     > area of the screen?
>     >
>     >  Also the tv picture seems centerd while I am watching the tv.

I have the same thing, currently running Myth on a FC4 box, was using
the PVR-350 for both input and output, and had the same "shifted to the
left" problem. No biggie really if you're only using it for Myth, once
you've dragged a few icons across to the middle of the screen. Bit
annoying if you want to use the menus tho (tho having said that, the
menus at that low a resolution aren't the best experience in the world ..)

Regarding running it in window, I found that the frontends setup GUI
size and offset options did the trick in terms of getting the frontend
centered.
Up until about 7 days ago that's how I was running mine, I changed it
recently to use my Geforce 5600 as I installed Stepmania (it wants/needs
OpenGL) and wanted to try it on the TV (looks great if anyone's
interested!).
Currently I've got a copy of the xorg.conf with the 350 as the display,
and one with the 5600 as the display, simple matter of copying whichever
I want to use over the current xorg.conf and restarting X when I need to
switch.