[mythtv-users] Size problems on the TV with pvr350

Jason Garrett kingedgar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:34:58 EDT 2005

Ok there is no real problem with the desktop as it will soon be just the
mythtv starting up auto, I just came across the run in a window option. I
will give that a go and hope it works. If not I will try my spare nvidia
card I was hoping to use for another machine.

Thanks,

Jason

On 10/29/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/10/05, Jason Garrett <kingedgar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, im using a pvr350 as my input and output to mythtv. I followed the
> > Fedora Howto as it pertained to my equipment. Right now when KDE starts
> up
> > all of the Icons and the Fedora menu are off to the left of the visible
> > screen. Also when I start mythfrontend the display of the menus and such
> go
> > off of the screen to the left and to the bottom. This makes it hard to
> see
> > where I am going, and what I have setup. I retraced my steps in the
> setup
> > and I dont think I missed anything.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get things back into viewable
> > area of the screen?
> >
> > Also the tv picture seems centerd while I am watching the tv.
>
> This is likely due to the overscan of the signal the PVR-350 feeds
> your TV with. I don't think this can be countered at the moment via
> the PVR - your TV may have adjustments, but in my experience, moving
> the icons was enough. I makes it almost impossible to try to use as a
> regular workstation obviously, but the actual LiveTV and Recordings
> had no issues. You may also need to run the frontend in a window and
> move/resize it to fit within the bounds of the viewable screen on the
> TV to get the best experience.
>
> Nick

"Great men are not always wise" - Job 32:9