[mythtv-users] Hardware Woes

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 20:20:14 EDT 2005

Gregg wrote:

> I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor from a p4 1.6 to a p4
> 3.0 and asus p4r800-v deluxe. It seems that hdtv stutters more than it
> did on the 1.6.  I was able to watch it on the 1.6 without stutter
> unless I fast forwarded it.  Should I upgrade the kernel to an SNMP
> version?  I used Jarods Guide to originally install mythtv. I am
> currently running 2.6.11-1.14_FC3, 512mb ram p4
> 3.0ghz,pchdtv3000,pvr250, fx5200, and 120gig hd.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.
>
> -Gregg

I can't offer much in the way of fixing the stuttering I'm afraid, but I
can tell you not to try upgrading the kernel to an SNMP version. ..

SNMP is Simple Network Management Protocol , I suspect you're thinking
of SMP (Symmetric MultiProcessing ). To take advantage of an SMP kernel
you'd need two CPU's (or possibly one of the 'new' dual core CPU's , tho
I don't know if SMP would see the as seperate ).

Please don't think I'm being 'funny' , just trying to save you the aggro
of installing a new kernel and possibly spending  a long time
recompiling / reinstalling if you don't need to..