[mythtv-users] Satellite, RF or IR

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Oct 28 09:41:12 EDT 2005

At 6:52 PM -0700 10/27/05, David Barkman wrote:
>Actually Hauppauge is now putting an IR Blaster on the same wire with the IR
>Receiver, albeit the IR Blaster wire is only about 2 feet long while the IR
>Receiver wire is like 6 feet long, doesn't make much sense to me, I would've
>made them the same length.  I think I'll have to setup a shelf for the
>computer behind the entertainment center so it's high enough for the IR
>Blaster to reach the front of the receiver.

Ah, I sit corrected!

Sometimes it's sufficient to just aim an IR blaster toward the wall
opposite your home entertainment center. The signal bounces off the
wall to get to the equipment.

I'm guessing this is what they intended you to do, not put the
emitter directly in front of the device (as is probably more
desirable in this case, so you don't have to worry about people or
furniture getting in the way.)
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"