[mythtv-users] logfiles: where?

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Tue Oct 25 15:44:04 EDT 2005

At 02:24 PM 10/25/2005, mstrimel at comcast.net wrote:
 >1. I created a directory called "/var/log/mythtv", and made sure that
 >mythtv has write permissions to it, and restarted several times, but
 >still there are no logs there.  Sorry if this is a dumb question but:
 >where are the mythtv logs supposed to be?

They're wherever you put them in the startup command using the -l option.

For example: /usr/local/bin/mythbackend -d -l /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

 >2. live tv is not working ... I get a blank screen for a few seconds
 >and it returns to the menu.  This process seems to break the
 >connection between the frontend and backend (i.e., If I try to do
 >other things after attempting livetv, mythtv informs me that the
 >backend is not running or is improperly configured ).   Everything
 >else works great.  I've searched for other posts about this, but they
 >seem to address much earlier versions of myth or are otherwise
 >inapplicable (whole system crashes, for example).

Try to do a brief (1 minute) recording.  That seems to have fixed
this annoyance for some people:
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/126743>

I think that this was something that cleared up for me after I
started using the svn.

--
Mickey Chandler
Chief Operating Whizard