[mythtv-users] best THX/Dolby digital speaker system for price?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:18:05 EDT 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 13:15, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm thinking about buying a digital 5.1 sound system for
> my MythTV setup. I saw some decent 5.1 capable sound
> cards on this list a few weeks ago for under $40, and I'm
> wondering what listers recommend for an inexpensive speaker
> system with a digital optical input?
>
> Has to work with linux/mythtv obviously, but they're mostly
> OS agnostic, right? Just so long as the sound card works?
>
> I'm looking to spend less than $300. I'd like it to sound good
> for DVDs, music, TV, and gaming, in that order. What do
> you folks recommend?
>
> Thanks!

I've yet to see a an all encompasing system for less than $500US that was
worth the money. If your at all interested in it sounding good expect to
spend closer to $1000US. My opinion, buy an Energy or Paradigm satelite
system, which will cost ~$500 and a standalone receiver, a good one can be
had for $300.

Steve