[mythtv-users] R5A16 R5A22 (knoppmyth) color map and protocol version

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 22 14:57:57 EDT 2005

Alberto Alonso wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 12:58 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>Alberto Alonso wrote:
>>

>>Myth binary version (i.e. the version of the mythbackend and
>>mythfrontend programs)
>>

>Then, what version is knoppmyth based on? 0.18.1.20050510-1 is what
>seems to be the latest according to the mythtv site.

???  Don't know KnoppMyth.  Sorry.

> Do I need to
>go to the source on svn?

No.  It will be far more of a mismatch with SVN.

>The backend is running on a debian system that I can't just wipe
>out. I can do the same version, but isn't 0.18.1.20050510-1 it?

Generally, the easiest way to get a frontend is the same way you got
your backend, so I assumed you were installing KnoppMyth on both.

>The one thing about protocol is that the backend used to run an
>older version, but I upgraded it a while back. Then, when I moved
>things the backend responsibility from one box to the current one
>I changed the LocalHostName to match.

And you followed the instructions on the site?  (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.15 )  This may be
related to the problems.

>Also, I found more info on the colormap. If I switch the frontend
>to a console and back to X the colors get fixed. They remain
>working until the next time the viewing exits/starts.

Sounds like you need to adjust your Xv setting (using 'F' and/or 'G'
keys--see docs for more info:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 ).

Mike