[mythtv-users] R5A16 R5A22 (knoppmyth) color map and protocol version

Alberto Alonso sp-23856721 at ggsys.net
Sat Oct 22 23:19:25 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 14:57 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> >The one thing about protocol is that the backend used to run an
> >older version, but I upgraded it a while back. Then, when I moved
> >things the backend responsibility from one box to the current one
> >I changed the LocalHostName to match.
> >

> And you followed the instructions on the site?  (
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.15 )  This may be
> related to the problems.

The backend used to be my M6000 which had pv03 as the hostname, when
I decided to try again and make the M6000 a front end I set a different
box as the backend. The new box was then setup to use pv03 has its
hostname.

The M6000 is now named mm01, which shouldn't interfere. So I don't
think 22.15 applies, unless I missed something.

> >Also, I found more info on the colormap. If I switch the frontend
> >to a console and back to X the colors get fixed. They remain
> >working until the next time the viewing exits/starts.
> >

> Sounds like you need to adjust your Xv setting (using 'F' and/or 'G'
> keys--see docs for more info:
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 ).

11.1 applies to minor adjustments, this is a corruption on X's colormap.
It gets resolved by issuing Ctrl+Alt+F2 and then Alt+F5 (that's the
console running X) This has to be done every time I start viewing
something.