[mythtv-users] Pre/Post Recording Commands

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 22 14:51:38 EDT 2005

Preston A. Elder wrote:

>I wonder is it possible (and if not, could I get it added as a feature
>request) to have the MythTV backend execute a specific command before/after
>recording, and similarly the front end execute a specific command
>before/after playback (whether live or pre-recorded playback).
>
>I run BOINC, and I want MythTV to disable BOINC before recording or playback
>and re-enable it once the recording is done or I've stopped watching TV :)
>
>This would be VERY helpful :)

If BOINC is set up properly (to run jobs at nice 19), it shouldn't
affect your system.  I run BOINC on mine and don't disable it and it's
never caused any problems--or, TTBOMK, had any affect other than using
idle processor time.  Have you noticed issues that clear up by manually
disabling BOINC?

Mike