[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

Kalle Pokki kalle.pokki at iki.fi
Tue Oct 18 08:30:01 EDT 2005

ffrr wrote:

> What I see is a sudden patch of digital noise / pixelisation, often
> associated with a chirping sound in the audio.  This might happen
> every few seconds for a while then go away for a minute or two, only
> to return randomly.  Also it is of various severities, sometimes just
> a minor fuzzy pixel patch, sometime a large streak of random colour
> pixels. Sometimes the audio just skips a bit, other times it is a very
> loud noise burst.
>
> Does that sound like anything you've seen before?

I had exactly similar trouble with a crappy Chaintech DVB card. Just one
viewer I downloader from the net was able to display anything without
the noise bursts. Not even the Chaintech software was able to show TV
well. I threw the Chaintech card away and bought a Nova-T from
Hauppauge. No trouble in picture quality after that.