[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 18 05:35:58 EDT 2005

Really getting tiresome having glitchy live and recorded TV.  Kaffeine's
picture and sound is much cleaner from the same DVB card using the same
channels.conf file for tuning parameters.  What is myth doing differently?

Also, sick of mythfrontend just quitting outright (seg fault) trying to
play it's own bad recordings, when Kaffeine, can play the stuff recorded
by myth, despite it's problems, without erroring out.

Despite this, I keep hearing that a new version of myth isn't warranted
yet?  What do I have to do - get an SVN version (not really a good
option)?  None , or very few, responses to the messages and problems I
have recently posted about.  Do I take this to mean noone really knows
much about myth when it gets down to the gory details, so support is not
available?