[mythtv-users] Re: Who wants to help me develop a new theme?

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:28:52 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Tim Ward <ward.timothy at gmail.com> wrote:
> My iPod theme uses the blue theme so anything that isn't finfished is the blue theme. There are two major drawbacks so far in doing the iPod.
>
> 1. I use the Chicago.ttf which is not a default font.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_(font)

Just a note, Chicago is no longer the standard iPod font... all iPods
are color now :)  The new font is "Myriad" as found here:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/consumer_electronics/ipod_faq/config_purchasing.html#2
"What font does the iPod interface use?

The iPod (1st Generation), iPod (2nd Generation), iPod (3rd
Generation), iPod (4th Generation), and iPod U2 Special Edition all
use Chicago, the same font used for the original Macintosh interface.
The iPod mini and iPod mini (2nd Generation) use Espy Sans, the same
font used for the Newton OS, and all models with color displays--the
iPod photo (30 GB), iPod photo (40 GB, 60 GB), iPod U2 Special Edition
"Color", iPod "Color" (20.0 GB), iPod "Color" (60 GB), and iPod
nano--use a new font called "Myriad"."

I like the theme you are working on, but just trying to add some
constructive criticism.  It'd be great if you could make it look like
the 4th/5th generation iPod UI.  Good luck, I'd love to use this
theme, if only for "neatness/geekness" factor!  Plus, the WAF would be
through the roof as she loves the iPod and isn't too fond of the
standard themes (girls :-x ).

Matt