[mythtv-users] Adjusting the sound offset when creating a DVD from a DVB-T recording

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Oct 17 03:16:47 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 12:44 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> I've found that if I use the instructions on the MythTV web site to
> create a DVD of a program recorded off a DVB-T transmission, the sound
> is off by about half a second when I play the DVD - enough to make the
> thing unwatchable.

Following up with an answer to my own question, the necessary
information is embedded in the original .nuv file and can be extracted
with mpeg2desc.  The mplex line in the DVD creation instructions needs
to be changed to something like:

    mplex -f 8 -O `mpeg2desc -m $1`mpt -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 &

I hope this helps someone else.

Cheers,
John