[mythtv-users] Automated update of video database

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:23:51 EDT 2005

On 14/10/05, Moose TV <mythtv at funkymoose.net> wrote:
> Is there a way to automate the updating of the media "video database"?  I am
> not talking about the television recordings database, but the table that
> holds media information.
>
> I would like to avoid having to go to "Setup" and manually update the
> database every time I add a video to the media filesystem, perhaps with a
> cronned update.

This would be oh-so-useful. Why it isn't an option I'll never know. I
can understand the logic of not removing files that are temporarily
not available at run-time (e.g. file on a network share that is down)
but I would think many users have one location for their video, and
auto-syncing with it (or even a popup when MythVideo is run to add new
files) would be warmly welcomed.

Nick