[mythtv-users] VGA problem

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Sun Oct 9 21:55:34 UTC 2005

OK - Your TV is definitely on the right input (My Hitachi refers to Input 1,
Input 2, Input 3, and PC). Your TV status of "PC" confirms its on the right
input - so ignore question 3.

I think your best bet to get the right modeline is to get the TV working
with Windows (you mention you've had this working at some point in your
linked posts), and run powerstrip. This link describes powerstrip:

http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

Here are the steps:

1)       Get Windows Running with TV output

2)       Run powerstrip to get the right resolution and freqs (powerstrip
has a copy modeline to clipboard function). This will give you the modeline
for your X.org config file.

3)       Start X Again (with the new modeline).

This should be it.

David

  _____