[mythtv-users] New MythMusic Theme - 4 bins

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:59:07 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 09:24 am, John Erickson wrote:
> On 10/2/05, Nick Parkinson <nickparkinson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have designed a new layout for MythMusic which uses
> > 4 bins on the screen. This design is orientated
> > towards people with large mp3 collections of complete
> > albums for ease of manipulation.
>
> For some definitions of "large mp3 collections" this works.  However,
> I'd be terrified to scroll through my artist listing without any
> breakdown on letters.  Some form of jump to letter, in line searching
> (T9 style search via regex), or tree breakdown based on letters would
> be needed (along with page up/down).

Meaning, pretty much what the existing playlist editor does? =)  Scrolling
through a single list of thousands of items, even with pageup/pagedown just
doesn't work.

Personally, I don't really see what this 'new interface' brings except for
clutter on screen.  The playlist editor interface can do all this in a much
cleaner manner.

> Something else I'd really like to see is better schema support for
> multiple artists per track.  Right now all of the data for a track is
> a single line in the database.  I'd like to see artists in their own
> table and a many to many between them and the rest of the track data
> (along with an album table and a one to many from the tracks to the
> album, but anyway..).

This would be good.

Isaac