[mythtv-users] Changing channels causes frontend to crash on PVR-150

Brad Karal brad.karal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:28:39 UTC 2005

Hi friends:

I am getting frequent crashing when I change channels in live TV mode. It
seems to be most
likely to happen when I hit channel up or channel down. OS is KnoppMyth
R5A12 (Debian Sarge,
2.6.9 custom kernel with Myth 0.16

I've seen a couple of posts about this subject, such as:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/99944?search_string=change%20channel%20crash;#99944
for example, but couldn't find any resolutions or workarounds.

What's more, the other posters were usually using DVB cards, and I'm not-I'm
using a Hauppauge
PVR-150 analog card.

The author of KnoppMyth was not aware of any problems relating to this
symptom inherent
in KnoppMyth as a result of his own work.

What's the current status of this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions,
other than
a complete new upgrade to a newer version of Myth? Would that even help?

Thanks

Brad Karal

Abit NF7-S ver. 2
AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2500+