[mythtv-users] Channel Hopping

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 4 18:21:55 UTC 2005

Folks,
     It might be nice to have a settable ringbuffer delay.  So if it
is set to 10 seconds, for example, it would tune the channel and then
not start the ringbuffer for 10 seconds.  If you changed the channel
before the delay was over the channel change would be quick.  Even if
it wasn't smooth, and the experience was to tune to a channel and
then after 10 seconds the screen went blank for a few seconds as the
ringbuffer gets set up, some people might find this worthwhile.  I
certainly can't program this, but it doesn't seem like it would be a
huge task.  I'm of course talking out of my hat on this, so it could
be more complex than it seems.
Thanks,
Peter Darley