[mythtv-users] MJPEG->MPEG-4 transcoder?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Oct 4 13:46:27 UTC 2005

I have set up a second backend with a Matrox G400 in it.  This is an
MJPEG hardware encoder.  The files are huge though (5G an hour or so,
which is about right for the MJPEG settings I configured for this
profile), so I want to set up a transcoder for it.  There does not seem
to be a default "From MJPEG" transcoder so I created a new one:

mysql> INSERT INTO recordingprofiles SET name="MJPEG",videocodec="MPEG-4",audiocodec="MP3",profilegroup=6;

When I go the transcoders menu I do see it and I can configure it just
like any other transcoder, however when I try to transcode a file with:

# mythtranscode -i /video/tmp/1006_20051003230800_20051003233000.nuv

I get a transcode process that only seems to read the file (as witnessed
with strace) and does no writing and when it is done it displays

Couldn't find stream paramters for ' /video/tmp/1006_20051003230800_20051003233000.nuv'

This stream is perfectly watchable however, so it must be at least some
part valid.

Ideas?

b.

Brian J. Murrell