[mythtv-users] cycling through cards with "Y": weirdnesses

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Tue Oct 4 08:55:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

   I use a PVR-500 (2x150). The two halves of the card are mapped to
/dev/video0, and /dev/video1 respectively. Both tuners are set to
tuner0.

If I use "Y" to cycle between cards, I get very long blanks, after which
the card is either found or live tv aborts and brings me back to the
mythfrontend main menu.

When I start live tv, the screen is blank for a few seconds, then I get
1:tuner 0 with weird colours. An info box pops up saying:
You should have gotten a channel lock by now..., The colours sometimes
right themselves after some seconds, sometimes not.

pressing "y" now gives me a break, then : 2:tuner 0 with good colours, but
the  info box pops up again.

This is new and happened after my disk problems yesterday which resulted
in a temporary failure to load the firmware. After an overnight shutdown
the firmware loads ok.

I am also not getting sound with card 1, but remember a thread on this so
will look it up in the archives.

Cheers

Marius