[mythtv-users] Re: libmyth-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at VLD fails an my Via ...

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 3 17:18:44 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:10:50PM +0100, Jules Gosnell wrote:

> Just upgraded my Via Epia to latest myth build from atrpms-stable, but
> had to roll back libmyth from libmyth-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at to
> libmyth-0.18.1-113.rhfc3.at in order to get my VLD support working again...
>
> can't remember exact error message offhand, but if anyone is interested
> I could roll forward again and reproduce it. The frontend would fail to
> play video and present you with a button taking you back to the menu.
> The log said something like it had failed trying to initialise a VLD
> surface.
>
> It took me ages to get it all working so I would rather not start
> messing around with my X server again....
>
> Could some build parameter have changed between the 113 and 114 builds ?

The change between 113 and 114 is an update to the fixes branch. But
you also changed fc3 to fc4 or mixed the two, I guess that's more
relevant.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net