[mythtv-users] I'm thinking of switching to windows :(

SixArm sixarm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:15:11 EST 2005

I never intended this thread to be a discussion of the merits of Linux vs.
windows.  I just wanted a bit a technical advice from the community before
trying another os.  I apologize for putting the word "windows" in the
subject.

92% of my computer usage is Linux, but I'm not really biased when it comes
to solving a problem.  Sometimes you just need a dry roof over your head and
it does't matter what kind of hammer you use to build it.

I have a simple goal.  Allow my wife to record HDTV as easily as she can now
with our hacked TiVo.  Once this is done I get to justify the purchase of a
56" 1080p HDTV.  :)  If I have to go the windows route to get this done, I
will.

I really appreciate the technical feedback and I've gotten a few good ideas
to try out.

cheers,

-sixarm