[mythtv-users] OT:? GeForce MX4000 and TV Out oddness

SpEnT spentboy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:20:27 EST 2005

On 11/29/05, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> This may sound obvious, but make it bigger until your border is gone. :)
>
> It would be nice (hint, hint developers) if we could define margins
> for the GUI and OSD so we wouldn't have to choose between borders and
> info getting cut off. I have a happy balance between those options
> after a bunch of tweaking. I cut off a little and have no borders.

lol eventually I did this. For some reason I can't have a perfectly
centered GUI AND Live TV / movies and I really wish there was an
internal player that used Myth's GUI setting for playing movies (I
still have to look into possibly setting the dimentions for full
screen play with either xine or mplayer ... maybe there's a way to
make it fit in the init line).

Either way it looks good and seems to be happy and *most* of a full
screen movie fits on the screen without overscan too much. One thing I
did find (and couldn't alter to suit my needs) was using
nvidia-settings I could "center" the image and it would fit in the
screen but  quite a bit smaller ... I couldn't scale it anyway to
perfectly match the screen size *shrug*