[mythtv-users] SBE tuner unavailable after MBE reboot?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Nov 30 04:51:12 EST 2005

    Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:15:05 -0800
    From: Cecil Watson <cwatson at linkline.com>

    All you need to do is restart the backend on the SBE...

Sure.  But I'm surprised that the two ends of the connection can't
recover on their own.  (They -almost- do, since the UI recovers,
albeit ungracefully, but the tuner is left unavailable.)  Is the
protocol supposed to handle this case?  If so, this is a bug; if
not, I'd like to request the obvious feature... :)

[Or figure out how the SBE can tell that the MBE thinks the SBE's
tuner is unavailable, and have the SBE restart its own backend.
But that seems like quite the kluge.]