[mythtv-users] FC4 compiling from SVN needed apps??

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 17:10:35 EST 2005

You need the development packages as well.  What you
need also depends on how much of MythTV you want to
build.  You need extra dependencies to build
MythMusic, MythVideo, etc.

Take that list, add the "-devel" packages to it, and
you should be fine for the basics.  If you want OpenGL
vsync, then you need to grab the "-devel" package for
the nVidia drivers (nvidia-graphics-devel).

XMLTV is not required in North America, but since
ATrpms installs it, I install it as well.  It is
helpful for grabbing the icons for your channel
lineup, but not required.

I don't know if this has been fixed or not, but I had
problems with lirc.  The version in ATrpms is
incompatible with the lirc-devel that yum tried to
fetch for me.  I had to remove the one from ATrpms,
and them to a "yum install lirc-devel" (which pulled
in the matching version of lirc) to ensure that my
versions were in sync.

Basically, through the process of running the
configure script and finding out which options could
be detected, you should be able to figure out which
extra "-devel" packages you need to build the main
program and the plugins.

-- Joe