[mythtv-users] FC4 compiling from SVN needed apps??

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:24:33 EST 2005

I'm compiling Myth from SVN on a FC4 box and was hoping someone could help
me identify the needed apps. for a successful compile. I've read the docs
and it shows the the following.

"As of 2003−03−15, this list includes mysql, gcc, freetype2−devel,
XFree86−devel, qt−devel and lame. If you're going to use a
remote control with MythTV, you're going to need the cdialog package in
order to compile lircd if your
distribution doesn't have a pre−packaged lirc. If you are using XMLTV as a
grabber, you will need perl."

Since I'm pretty new to compiling from source can someone let me know if
this will suffice?

YUM install mysql
YUM install gcc
YUM install freetype2−devel
YUM install XFree86−devel
YUM install qt−devel
YUM install lame
YUM install XMLTV
YUM install perl

Since I'm in North America I read I don't need XMLTV if I use Zap2it? Is
that correct?

Also, what is XFree86 used for?

Thanks for any pointers you can give.