[mythtv-users] Stuttering audio on live TV with SVN

Carl Lewis carl at dpiwe.tas.gov.au
Tue Nov 29 16:51:20 EST 2005

Peter Lee wrote:
> I just checked --- I'm also running ivtv 0.4.0.  I've been tracking svn
> for some time now.  At some point I also had stuttering on live tv and
> very high cpu load, but upgrading my ivtv to 0.4.0 fixed the problem.
> Unfortunately, you're already running that version, so that isn't the
> problem...

Not sure if it's exactly the same problem, but I've been seeing
something similar for the last 4 or 5 days. Sound continues
fine (extra audio buffering on) but the video looks like
someone is winding it by hand, badly. Probably best described as
wow and flutter :-).

In my case pausing the live-tv stream cures it for a while (until the
reader catches up with the writer again?). I've
assumed it's just a hangover from the livetv rewrite. If it's still
there next week I may get inspired to have a look at thte logs, but we
don't watch enough livetv (expect when the cricket's on) to have it
worry me that much yet :-)

SVN from around 281105, Pentium4 1.6GHz, FX5500 XVMC, Pana AE900
Cheers
Carl.

--
Tasmania Together 5 Year Review: Have your say: www.tasmaniatogether.tas.gov.au